Undergraduate studentsin Hospitality Management learn the complexities of the largest and fastest-growing industry in the world. Our Hospitality Management program is accredited by ACPHA (Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration). It is the only accredited four-year hospitality management program in Louisiana.
Our curriculum focuses on travel and tourism, with an emphasis on successful management and promotion of all hospitality features: entertainment, conventions, attractions, lodging, food service, tourism and transportation. We provide a strong technical foundation alongside hands-on experiences in all aspects of hospitality management.
- Operation of the Hospitality Management on-campus restaurant ("Lunch Club")
- Applied Food Service Management Lab
- 800 hours of work experience + 150 hours of internship
- Local & statewide learning opportunities
- State and national convention options
- Student organization involvement
Students have the opportunity to earn national certifications while obtaining their degree:
- Servsafe Food Safety Certificate, National Restaurant Association Education Institute
- Servsafe Alcohol Certificate, National Restaurant Association Education Institute
- Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics, American Hotel & Lodging Education Institute
We also offer an online MBA in Hospitality Management.
The Hospitality Management program prepares undergraduate students to be leaders in the management of hospitality and related businesses in a global economy by providing core competencies and experiential learning opportunities.
Hospitality Management Program Learning Objectives:
1. To graduate students who are exposed to the segments of the hospitality industry and can identify and demonstrate skills relevant to the operational areas of hospitality management. (Bloom’s level 1 & 3)
2. Students will have gained hands-on and real-world experiences necessary to become successful leaders. (Bloom’s level 3)
3. To develop in students a sense of community service, ethical values and social responsibilities in a multi-cultural community. (Bloom’s level 5)